Crusaders

Crusaders
We're working on it

Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Consuela



In addition to having a part-time job on the regular, I am also apprenticing at a motorcycle shop, experimenting with bodywork, design, and painting techniques.


My current project is redoing the body work for a former race bike. I'm picking up where someone left off, evidently, and I've been spending many days sanding, prepping, & painting this motorcycle to salvage the botched paint job the last guy left.


The motorcycle itself is a 1993 Honda CBR900RR, and the owner asked me to design an eye-catching graphic to really bring out the spirit of the bike. Here's what I was able to come up with. The motorcycle itself is about 80% complete with the basecoat all laid down. We are waiting on more paint to start work on the graphic. You can see on the tail section a mascot girl for the shop and, lord willing, the eventual race team. Hence the name, Consuela.

No comments:

Post a Comment